Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Top for Me

Since I don't have enough sewing to do, I thought I'd take a little detour and sew for myself.  Perhaps I should rephrase that and say try to sew for myself!  It has been a very, very long time since I made anything at all for myself.  Anyone else that way?  And, of course, I thought I'd try something I'm not used to doing since so many people have success sewing knits.  I'm doing a muslin of Simplicity 4076:



It's gotten lots of good reviews on Pattern Review which helped me decide to try it.  We'll see how it goes!  I'll have to say that all the wiggles the fabric does is driving me nuts, but I guess that is just me since I'm not used to knits.  I hope it gets better as I work through my test top!  I opted for View A, that lime green one in the picture.  I guess coping with wiggling fabric is better than going shopping for clothes?  I think.  Maybe.  Wish me luck!

No comments: