Sunday, April 11, 2010

On Many Things

Well, I would love to say that I have the blue smocked dress done, but I don't.  Due to an extremely stupid mistake I need to be really creative so it will take some extra time.  Plan B was to cut out another knit top for myself from Simplicity 4076.  I opted for View D and started cutting some knit from Gorgeous Fabrics.  My test muslin for View A turned out well enough (and knits seem to be forgiving enough) that I figured that it should fit okay, certainly as well as RTW. 

I was happily working on Sunday dinner and nearly done w/ our snack when our kitchen sink backed up.  sigh.  My dh worked on it, but to no avail.  sigh.  We do have a great plumber and he's coming tomorrow.  He's reasonably priced but the thing I really like about him (aside from never having to call him except for the last couple of years!) is that he gives a time estimate of when he'll be here and then calls if he's going to be late.  How delightful and refreshing is that?  I guess you have to look at  the silver lining in every cloud, eh?  So much for my sewing guild's fashion designer meeting tomorrow morning though.  I'd rather make sure I'm home...just in case the plumber's early!  There's nothing like being kitchen sink-less!

No comments: