Friday, April 15, 2011

Mini Bow Tucks Purse

I've dropped out of the sewing world!  No, not really.  I have yards of fabric to show, but for now here's a small project that I completed recently:


Min Bow Tucks Pattern


Outside of completed bag, using fabrics purchased from a local quilt shop last year

Inside of bag and all the pockets!

These bags have been the 'thing' to make with our local sewing guild members.  I think I'm probably the last person in the guild to have made one!  I like having a custom handbag to carry but I this one needs some adjustments for the next time I make one.  The handles need to be longer and some of the inside pockets need either a zipper or velcro closure to prevent everything from falling out when the bag tips over!

Now, back to my other project:  painting!

3 comments:

The Gourmet Geek said...

Ooo, I love the fabric/color! I'll have to finish mine! :)

Anonymous said...

Great bag! I love all the pockets! No more ever-ringing (hidden deep within the bag) cell phone for you! Did your sweet daughter ever finish up hers?

kbenco said...

Your handbag looks terrific. I,too, like the pockets. Do the ties at each end hold the folded bag ends together? It looks to be a clever design. I hope you get lots of use from it, they look very complicated to sew.