Thursday, August 12, 2010

Simplicity 5364

Today marks the due date for the Ugly Fabric Challenge issued by our local chapter of the American Sewing Guild.  I originally posted about this in May here:  Various and Assorted Catching Up.  It seems like a long, long time ago now!  Of course, I put it off until the last minute.  Bad me.  Once I adjusted to the color of the fabric, I knew it would be perfect for the guys in my life!  They look good in browns so 2 pairs of pajamas pants it was!  I used Simplicity 5364.  All of one pattern piece required.  Super easy, just matching the plaid took a bit of time, during the cutting out.  Sewing was a breeze using the walking foot on my machine!  It used up most of the fabric, too.  Good feeling!



The only thing to note is that I put in elastic in the bottom of ds's pants so his can be longer since he keeps growing!  Otherwise, no changes at all. 

A brown or black t-shirt and this project is ready for the cold weather! 

There were some really terrific projects tonight.  People were very creative with their ugly fabrics!

2 comments:

MushyWear said...

Nice PJ's! Wow on the dog beds! The "Spots" look content.

Joanna said...

I think you've successfully transformed the "ugly" fabric! Nice pants!