Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kwik Sew 2100 or Unmentionables

Well, I did it!  I made my first ever pair of panties and I used up one kit I bought at conference!  A good feeling all the way around.  And, you know what?  The panties actually look like regular store bought ones--I know, you'd think that would be obvious, but sometimes sewing can look not store bought and downright homemade.

I used Kwik Sew 2100 and made a size 6 in a bikini.  That means that I'll be able to squeeze another pair of panties from the kit fabric, but I will need to purchase some more elastic.  Here they are:


Just a quick run down on the sewing of these.  I used the sewing machine and not the serger, practising using some of the stretch stitches on the machine.  It seems like you can use pretty much whatever makes you happy and get good results.

As to the fit and all that, well, when I held them up I thought they looked huge!  But once I completed the sewing, they looked a lot better and fit perfectly!  Except for (you knew that had to be part of it!) the front leg and the back.  I think the front leg opening needs to be raised--it looks funny when it's on me.  The front waist and back waist of the panty are very different heights--the front sits perfectly for a bikini, but the back is really, really high.  That would be perfect for a higher waisted panty, but not so much for these.  And it just looks lopsided with the back so high and the front so low.  I'll have to see about adjusting the pattern in my next pair.  All in all, I'm really pleased with them!  A quick and easy project for sure and one that I look forward to trying again...except for one problem.  While I have 2 more undies kits, finding more will be a problem!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Great job! Now that is something I have never tackled.