Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pajamas Detour

In this post about the Shop Hop, I mentioned buying some Beatrix Potter print flannel for youngest dd to make her first pair of pj pants.  She's been sick and I thought it was a good time for me to cut them out so when she felt better they'd be ready to go!  One thing led to another and I got out this pj pant and t-shirt (purchased) w/ an applique to compare sizes before I cut out the Beatrix Potter flannel:



Please notice (and feel free to rave about) the matching stripes.  I hardly had any fabric (under a yard) to make these since it came out of the remnant bin at Joann's at dd's prompting.  And, of course, the stripes HAD to match!  Anyway, that was a project from January but still a good gauge to see if I needed to lengthen the pattern (I did!) or go up to the next size (I didn't). 

Cut out and awaiting youngest dd's sewing...






While I had the pattern out, my glance fell to the stuff I was going to toss on the ASG sale table at our next meeting and then I'm dragging out a couple of other pieces for more pj's.  So much for clearing out!  Quick and easy projects though and the pj's are needed.  This Simplicity pattern is getting a workout!



And, might I add, I now understand why everyone is complaining about blogger and pictures!  This is a pain!

3 comments:

MushyWear said...

I've been having problems setting my pictures too. I didn't have any problems before they changed the format for loading them. Anyway, the PJ's look fun and comfortable. Your daughter will feel so accomplished when she finishes her pair on her own, no? Tis the season for PJ's. I've got a round to make for my boys too.

Cindi said...

I am so sorry she has been feeling bad, hope she is well soon. You did an amazing job with the stripes!

Anonymous said...

I had just taken note of the stripes when I read your comment about them. Great looking set.