Monday, June 14, 2010

Vintage Sewing Feet

Who hasn't been delving in closets and drawers to see what vintage sewing machine feet they have after Threads magazine's latest issue #149?  That article on vintage feet is great!  I have an old Singer sewing machine that was my grandmother's.  These are the feet that she had.  It seems like I have the edge stitcher and the adjustable hemmer.  The big foot in the middle back looks a lot like my ruffler for my Bernina, but definitely isn't a tucker--what a shame!  The foot on the right is for attaching bias trim.  In the very back, I think I stuck a zipper foot. 

Perhaps some day, I'll get out that ol' Singer (which I had cleaned awhile back!) and give 'em a try!

1 comment:

Samina said...

Oh you've got some real cool treasures there, hope you will post and show pics when you pull the ol'Singer out.