Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Make Your Own Dress Patterns"

Fascinating book.  It's by Adele P. Margolis.  I'm not entirely sure why I bought it--I think I read about it somewhere (a blog?  It must've been) and thought I'd give it a try.  It has lots of detailed sketches and tons of inspiration.  Even though it was published in the mid 1980's, you can really see lots of current trends in the book.  Nothing new was not old first?  Looking through it fits (haha) into my thoughts of working on a sloper bodice for myself.  That won't happen any time soon given the queue of projects waiting to be worked on.  Still working on my muslin for my current project, but it's fun to have mini-breaks and read a little in a sewing book.

Let' see if I can find a picture of the book cover:


1 comment:

MushyWear said...

I love reading sewing books! There was an article in Threads magazine a couple of years ago that showed you how to draft pants. I tried it and even made a pair from what I drafted. They weren't perfect, but definitely inspiring to try. I'd like to eventually expand my skills in this area too, but sewing usually takes precedence!