Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gadget


I finally broke down and ordered this rotary arm gadget for my Olfa rotary cuttern.  It's called a Removable Rotary Arm Guide and I first saw it on a blog post by Sew-4-Fun.  I cannot find her post where she used it, but I did bookmark her answer to my question about it.  I had never seen anything like it in my area and since her post, I've really kept my eyes open for it.  I had found and bookmarked it at an internet store, but figured I had all the time in the world to buy it or get it as a gift.  Fortunately, I noticed that it was going to be a discontinued item and since it's been more than a year since I learned about this wondrous gadget, I figured I'd best be buying it.

Isn't it neat when you learn on the internet from other sewists?  I can really see that this will be useful for patterns that don't include seam allowances or where I want to add more to an existing seam allowance on a pattern--what a time saver!  I can't wait to try this new tool out!  I bought 2 of them, just in case!


2 comments:

kbenco said...

I have been looking for one of these for a little while. I am jealous. Where did you find yours?

M-C said...

Where, oh where did you get this? I keep telling people it's the only sensible way to use Burda patterns, one cut and seam allowance all pre-chewed, but I never see it in stores any more. I think Burda is insane not to publicize this method more, people would stop complaining about all this tracing and stuff..