Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Simplicity 2519 (skirt) Day 3

Well, since I had marked on my delightful rick rack where the waist measurement for me should be, I was able to figure out that all I needed to do was sew my seams at the waist using a 1/2" seam allowance and taper it back out to 5/8".  Alternatively, I could've simply added an 1/8" to the pattern pieces at the waist, but I opted to do the first instead.  I could've also prevented all those steps by simply comparing my measurements to the pattern measurements--it seemed beyond me at the time and like I really needed to try something on for fit instead.

Today, all I got done was cutting out the fashion fabric and the lining.  Since both were slippery and very mobile, I cut them all as single layers and it was quite time consuming!  Although there are only 2 pattern pieces, you have to cut 4 pieces from 1 of them and 2 out of the other.  6 cuts for the fashion fabric and 6 for the lining.

No pictures to share at all!  Sorry!

This was actually a pretty good day's work!

No comments: