Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Where have I been?  At home sewing a lot!  Apparently, I have an inverse relationship between writing a blog about sewing and actually sewing.  The more I sew, the less I write and the less I sew, the more I write.  Since I'm writing now, that seems to suggest that I am not sewing although that is not true.  I also haven't seemed to read or comment much on other people's blogs lately.  I'm going to work harder on that!  I know I like to get comments so I assume everyone else does, too.  Blogger does seem to behave strangely when you haven't posted a comment on other blogs in awhile.  It keeps having me log in over and over again and I still show up as anonymous!  It doesn't happen for all blogs, but it definitely is a painful problem for some. 

Sewing has been very purpose driven of late and I've sewn gifts, home dec (I seem to be very slow about this), done some machine embroidery, and made a top for me (which wasn't purpose driven).  Our lives have been a flurry of activity:  graduation, room makeover, replacement deck, and solo senior piano recital with lots of guests.  I took last week off to recover--well, aside from all the appointments that were on the calendar and not feeling well at all for a day or two.

I have been feeling a burden of guilt or conscience to update the blog so consider this the ice breaking post and look for sewing updates soon!

2 comments:

MushyWear said...

Welcome back. It will be fun to see what you've been up to with your sewing. I know what you mean with being busy. I can't believe how busy life seems for me with summer here now.

Joanna said...

UGH! I have blog guilt too! Isn't that horrible? There is not a person on the planet who NEEDS me to blog and yet, the guilt is most definitely there! I have so much to post and now that I have a backlog of sewn stuff I don't know if they'll ever go up ;) I'll be looking forward to seeing what you've been up to but I promise not to hold it over you if you don't!